- This 'Shape Waikato' website is owned and operated by Waikato District Council using software licensed from Social Pinpoint.
- Intellectual Property: You own the intellectual property rights in the data/information that you enter, contribute or upload to 'Shape Waikato' (the Data) and you are solely responsible for the legality, reliability, integrity, accuracy and quality of your Data. You grant to Waikato District Council the non-exclusive right to use your Data for its business purposes and in accordance with its Privacy Statement.
- Official information: Waikato District Council is a local authority and subject to the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987 (LGOIMA) and therefore any information it holds is official information which includes the Data you enter, contribute or upload to 'Shape Waikato'. Official information is publically available unless there are grounds under LGOIMA to withhold the information.
- Monitoring: Any Data that you enter into 'Shape Waikato' is monitored and screened. Any content that violates or potentially violates the Moderation Rules (outlined below) will be edited or removed at Waikato District Council’s sole discretion.
- Moderation Rules:
- Content may not contain personal attacks on other participants, staff or public figures;
- Content may not intentionally or inadvertently disclose sensitive personal and/or confidential information about any other participants, staff or public figures;
- Content may not contain discriminatory language relating to gender, race, religion, culture, sexual preference, appearance or background of a person;
- Content may not contain language perceived as threatening, inciting violence or encouraging, endorsing, approving or recommending the performance of dangerous of illegal acts;
- Content may not contain language perceived as offensive including profanity;
- Content is considered duplicate as it appears multiple times in a perceivably inappropriate way;
- Content is considered off-topic or SPAM;
- Content contains links to any advertising or illegal material; and
- Image content is considered graphic as it contains portrayals of (for example) acts of violence, hate speech, terrorism, pornography, racism and self-harm.
- No Liability: Your use of 'Shape Waikato' is at your own risk. Waikato District Council is not liable to you for any losses or damages that arise directly or indirectly from your use of 'Shape Waikato'.
at any time when you are logged into 'Shape Waikato'. Your continued use of 'Shape Waikato' will be deemed acceptance of these updated terms.