The changing of Cliff Street, Raglan into a one-way street was suggested by the Raglan Community Board.
Following a recommendation from the Raglan Community Board Council sought feedback from the residents of Cliff, Puriri, James and Wallis streets on the proposal to change Cliff Street to a one-way street.
Altering Cliff Street to one-way will reduce congestion, improve safety and allow for the potential to improve parking and pedestrian facilities. The following issues have been noted as reasons for the proposal.
- Cliff Street becomes busy with visitors during summer months.
- It is very narrow and difficult for vehicles to pass one another.
- A lot of pedestrians use this area creating issues for their safety with vehicles passing one another on grass verges used by pedestrians.
- Issues with parking on both sides of the road causing congestion, access and safety issues
- Frustration from residents as they not able to access properties due to vehicles parking on road.
Consultation closed on Friday 15th November 2019.
Council supported the feedback received for Cliff Street to become one-way.