The Waikato District Community Facilities Strategy (CFS) is a key piece of work that will provide strategic direction for our community facilities over the next 20 years, between 2024 and 2044.
The CFS will also provide direction for decision making, development, and management of our community facilities including tasks such as investment and divestments.
Facilities within our district tend to sit under one of the following categories:
- Land and facilities owned privately (usually a community group);
- Council owned land which is leased out and the facilities which are owned privately (usually a community group);
- Council owned land and facility which is leased out to community groups.
So far we have completed a data capture across the facilities within our network which fall into one of the following themes:
- Public toilets;
- Community halls;
- Community hubs and libraries;
- Sport facilities and pavilions.
Once we’ve reviewed all of your feedback, we’ll work through any changes required and then plan to come back put to the community with the draft report.